Monday, February 25, 2013

Good News!

We are so busy, sometimes too busy that I wonder what blessings we're missing from God.  We have started to cut things out of our lives, but still I'm amazed at how much time we don't have.  All the things we involved in are godly, but does that mean that God is really in my busyness?

Steven had a CT scan done on February 12th, but went to get the results on the 15th!  I wasn't able to make that appointment, because it was scheduled the same time as homeschool co-op.  He came back to the co-op as it was ending to let me know that the scan came back clear.  No new tumors were showing!  Some of me feels selfish for not wanting to go through any more trials right now.  I'm still thankful for the growth experienced during all the things that we went through.  Pray for Steven because he still has anger towards God as he deals with his body that can still feel like it is decaying.  It will be a year in May when he ended chemo, but his side effects started on this second chemo cycle.  So he has had no relief from his side effects in almost a year.  Maybe taking supplements would help, I need to remember to look for some.

Bed bugs!  Even though we haven't had to deal with them in six months.  Steven is still paranoid, which unfortunately upsets me.  That was the worst time we've ever had in our home, so I understand where he is coming from to a certain extent.  God hasn't given me a spirit of fear, so I need to pray for him instead of getting upset.  The enemy can get each of us if we aren't careful!  We need to be cautious so the bugs do not come back in our home, but I don't want to be living in fear if the blanket touches the ground.

I have also felt comfortable enough folding clothes on our bed.  Something that we forbid when going through the bed bug trial.  I don't feel like we have any bed bugs in our home, but I let Steven start disrupting my peace.  I have been telling him for years that he needs to absorb my peace.  I know a big reason that I have peace is God, but also because Steven has protected me by not having me work in the world.  For that I'm very grateful.  Just wish he didn't have to work in the world, even though he could be a stay at home parent with me.  We haven't fulfilled that calling in our lives.  Something I know would be a blessing to the girls if they had both their parents at home to love and guide them to HIM.

The girls are enjoying homeschooling and I'm enjoying it as well.  Trying to homeschool two girls, teach a toddler and sometimes have a toddler taking apart things while we are in school is challenging.  I'm in a place where I love teaching them even through the challenges.  I need guidance for this next year for sure.  I'm changing their curriculum, so they will be doing more subjects together.  I did a couple of diagnostic tests with them to see how they were doing and to see if they were ready for the next grade level.  They are doing great, but one area that they didn't do well on is math.  Keep in mind that the math I'm changing them to is so much more advanced, but due to that they will be have to start at a lower grade level for this subject.

The girls our enjoying homeschool co-op, attending A.W.A.N.A and memorizing their Bible verses.  Homeschool co-op and A.W.A.N.A. will be over in a couple months, which will lighten the load.  We love to see these girls grow to know Him.  I'm so blessed to be able to see them grow and not push them off to someone else to teach.  They are a blessing and wanted to be a blessing to someone else.  They now have short hairstyles, because they wanted to donate their hair to Locks of Love.

Before
After



















 
Before
After



















I will be donating next, since Steven's hair is only three inches!  It is a blessing to be able to help others!

I've been exercising for two months now and feeling great!  Why didn't I do this sooner?  Maybe because I made tons of excuses.  Now I'm realizing how important health is.  I no longer feel drugged and tired all the time.  I feel alive and full of energy!  I think a big thing besides exercise is not eating much food with preservatives.  Our stores shelves are lined with food that is poison to the body.  It might not kill you today, but will lead to all sorts of problems with our bodies.  Going through this trial has opened my eyes to this reality.  Going with the natural food God gave us is the best way!

1 comment: