Thursday, October 11, 2012

Current Events

It has been more than a month and we are still bed bug free!  This is such a relief, I can't even describe.  The mosquito bites are gone as well.  It was not fun to be receiving bites in our home from them, since they remind you a lot like bed bug bites.  We have to be careful of enter our home, so we don't let mosquitoes in. 

Two weekends ago, I was able to get away for a Women's Retreat that I so desperately needed.  It was so refreshing to be able to pray, spend free time reading His Word, learning from Tawna (the guest speaker) and fellowship.  Thank you to the ladies at Sonrise, for making me feel welcome.  Since I missed the Women's retreat at my church after Steven was still recovering from his surgery then.




This deer was running in front of where we were staying.  I turned around to grab my camera.  It stopped long enough to take it's picture while I was on the phone with Steven and then it ran off.  So he was able to tell the girls, that I got a picture of a deer for them.  What a joy to see His creation!

Steven had an appointment on Tuesday to have a chest x-ray and then today to have blood draw to check tumor markers.  Both came back clear.  His next appointment is not until February of next year!  This news is a big relief.  Now to wait patiently as God restores his hands, feet and ears.  Sometimes he gets feeling back for a little while and the next minute if feet goes completely numb.  Maybe a sign that they are getting better.  The evening is when is at it at his worst, when his hands give out.  I'm thankful he can still use them.

No comments: