Monday, September 24, 2012

Finally Bed Bug Treatment #5 and Praise!

The last bed bug treatment happened on Wednesday.  So prayerfully I hope that is the last.  We now have 30 days to call them back if we notice any bites or bed bugs.  It was a different technician than the previous times.  So he used one chemical where the other tech used three that were combined.  He did better at spraying the trim, but not as much on the beds.  Hope with these changes it will still be effective. 

Thursday, Steven had his appointment to check his blood thinners which he found out it was too thin.  That means he has to stop taking it for a couple days and then the next week has to get checked again.  He also was able to get an ultra sound to check to see if he still has the blood clot.  They checked both legs and no blood clot!  Praise God!

What does having no blood clot mean?  Well the normal treatment for blood clot is to treat with blood thinners for six months.  He was diagnosed with the blood clot on June 12th and was doing weekly appointments.  Recently they started once every two weeks.  They were telling him that he would have to take blood thinners until December, even with the blood clot gone and getting checked out every week or two weeks depending on his levels. 

He was able to get a hold of his doctor, which told him he was okay with Steven getting off the blood thinners.  So he canceled his appointment for next week.  This is great news since insurance was covering his appointments but he still had to pay for his co-pay each time he went in.  Praying that no blood clots form and that his hands and feet start working.  This has been hard for him to not have his body working the way it should.  I watched as his hand gave out on him while eating. 

We are getting bites, just now they are mosquito bites.  Mostly happening outdoors, but we have had a few indoors.  Steven and I both found dead mosquitoes on the dinning room table.  Praying that the paranoia ends since I continue to feel like bugs are still crawling on me at night.

I'm now able to start putting the house together!  I rearranged our bedroom for a new look and did some more deep cleaning and found a dead bug behind my dresser.  Thankfully, no live bed bugs!     

Lots of people ask, "How do you do it?"  I have often asked the question to myself when watching people go through hard times, even though I knew they had God in their life.  So I respond by telling others, that "God is a gentleman, he knows what you are going to go through before you do and he prepares you for it."

One big area that he prepared us for this journey is taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course.  If you want financial peace, this is a really good class.  Check online at http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/classfinder/ for a class near you!

No comments: