Monday, July 30, 2012

Desert Wanderings

This seems like it has been a long journey, even though it is only just six months.  In some ways we relate to the Isrealites.  They were guided by God and God took care of them even through all their trials.  It does feel like God has us in a desert place right now.  Several times God has shown us when we have tried to look back at the past.  Thinking in some ways that we had it better than we do now.  We say if only we could move back to Colorado and be around family, even though we know that God has us here.  Isn't that what the Isrealites did?  They wanted to go back to Egypt, thinking that even when they were in slavery that it would be better than what they had at the time.

God has brought us wonderful blessings and has taken care of us.  We have been so blessed, by people coming along beside us and loving us.  During this time of trials we have been clinging to Him.  Knowing that he is more than enough, to get us through these storms in life.  He has used our church family to encourage us, to help us and pray for us.  Calvary Kitchen has been a huge blessing!  Thank you for the delicious food that you make.  Also wanted to say thank you to Lorrie and her husband for blessing us with baskets of food. 

There are times when I'm tempted to go get a job.  Jobs are not bad, but for us God has clearly shown both of us that I need to stay home and home school our girls.  I have to remember I have one of the best jobs right now taking care of beautiful girls.  I know that God will provide as we step out in faith and continue to follow his direction in our lives.  

Please be praying for my wrist to heal.  I injured it eleven years ago and had surgery done, praying that God would heal it so I don't have to have surgery soon.  Also pray for Steven and I, we are dealing with some depression.  Thankfully, it is not at the same time!  God encourages one of us while the other is down, so we can come beside each other to pray and encourage the other.  Also continue to pray for healing for Steven.  Four months now he has had constant ringing in this ears and numbness in his hands and feet.  He still has the blood clot in his leg and will have to be taken off the blood thinners to get ready for surgery August 8th.  Bed bugs are still a problem, that seem like they are slowly going away.

Pray that we will be able to get out of these trials, in God's perfect timing!

No comments: