Friday, March 16, 2012

1st Chemo Week Over

How is Steven?  Relieved to be over his first week!  I didn't update each day, because not much has changed.  He did decide to pick a different chair for the last couple of days.  I was able to be with him each day, but today I had to leave early to make it to home school co-op.  My mother was able to pick him up.  He was able to be free of the IV trip line, that he had stuck in his arm all week. So I asked him if he did the happy dance, and said praise God I'm done.  Instead he just told them "see you in three weeks." 

This is the IV trip line cover that he had to wear all this week, until today!


He has just gained some water weight and feeling a little fatigued.  Losing some of his taste buds and his eyesight has become a little worse.  He hasn't had what they call chemo brain yet.  Sadly I have had many times this week, where he has caught me doing something that would be called chemo brain or not thinking clearly. 

His attitude has gone downhill as the week went on.  Having to be in a place where your there for 4 1/2 to 5 hours, having chemicals pumped into your body is not the most encouraging place to be.  You see signs for hazardous chemicals in a lot of places.  Not fun to be pumped full of that toxic goo. 

Pray that God revives his Spirit within him.  Pray for that he doesn't have side effects and is able to sleep at night.

No comments: