Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend After Chemo

I didn't have time to update after, last chemo session.  Last weekend Steven wasn't feeling good and then Sunday got ready for church.  He seemed to be feeling a little better, so I escaped for a shower.  When I got out I found that Steven called the on-call-doctor, because his temperature dropped, had cold sweats, loss of vision and fell down on the floor.  So I asked our neighbors to stay with the girls, so I could take him to the hospital E.R.  I also called the church to let them know that we wouldn't be serving.  Thank you Margret and Lisa for helping with the girls.

They got him into a room and did tests on him, but couldn't find anything wrong.  While we were there, the church asked Sandy to come to our house to watch the girls and the asked Dennis to visit Steven at the hospital.  What a joy to have him visit, read from the Bible and share a song with us.  Thank you Dennis for the visit.  Finally, they released him around 2 p.m..

Monday, when he went in for his shot he described how he was feeling.  They knew right away that he was dehydrated and decided to give him fluids in the IV.  We had brought the girls, since we thought we would be in and out with his shot.  The girls got to spend some time with us, then I took them to a store and then out to eat.  We were able to bring some lunch over to Steven and then were able to pick him up.

He missed Monday and Tuesday, then went to work on Wednesday.  He was able to make it to Awana's for our ending awards night.  Now Awana's is over for the year, which will take one thing off that we were involved with.  Friday, went good with homeschooling.  Elyssa didn't have any fits and stayed focused, she even got a little extra done.  Praying I'll be done homeschooling the second week of June and that her attitude remains good and that she learns a lot.

Thankfully, this weekend he is feeling a lot better and we were able to serve together!  Saturday, we were able to make it to church to help out with maintenance work and cleaning.  Thank you to Carl and Sherie for the wonderful food!  It was great to fellowship and work together to Spring clean and fix items at the church.  We were able to pick up a couple of free baby bunnies for the girls!  They love them a lot and are so thankful to have a pet and friend to love on.  They are also great lawnmowers and weed eaters!

Sunday we were able to make it to church and serve in Children's Ministry with our wonderful church family.  Thank you all for your prayers!





No comments: