Saturday, April 28, 2012

There Will Be a Day by Jeremy Camp

Tears pouring down my face and afraid that I will awake Steven, so now I sit here.  Nothing like a good cry!  This has been the first time that I have let the tears really pour. What a blessing to sit at Jesus feet, weep and singing worship songs to Him.  Right now God is using Michael W. Smith to administer to my heart.

This is hard to see Steven go through this, I'm not used to seeing him weak.  He has wanted to fight his cancer in his own strength, but instead he is turning it all over to God.  Realizing that he is turning from fleshly ways of trying to do things in his own strength and resting only in God's strength.  What a man!  I am so thankful to God, for my husband.  All the lessons that God is teaching me through Steven.  Now I'm learning about surrendering!  I know God will heal Steven, in his perfect timing. 

The song "There Will Be a Day" by Jeremy Camp has administered to my heart though this journey!  I didn't realize it until tonight, that this song was what was playing on the K-Love radio the day that I was driving to his Urology appointment (before we found out about his cancer).  Tears coming down my face by the time I met up with him in the parking lot.  I remember questioning God, "Does this mean that you are going to take Steven to heaven with you soon?"

For those not familiar with the song, it goes:

"I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth
That we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears
No more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you're walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you've walked out all alone

Troubled soul don't lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that's in store
Outweighs the hurt of life's sting

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears
No more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I can't wait until that day where the very one
I've lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I've faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery
O, this is why, this is why I sing"

Listen to it, it sounds better than actually reading it!

A couple days after his second chemo treatment, when I had to leave Steven at a friends house because he was to weak to come home.  God used this song also to administer to my saddened heart with having to leave him behind.  What comfort God brings us!  Thank you God, for all you do, your Word and using music artists to administer to us.

Praying that Steven and I, will never leave this closeness to God and our girls will grow in their relationship to Him!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Love you Jen. Thank you for sharing your heart. We pray for your family. It's heartbreaking to not be there, but I'm hugging you from afar. God bless you.
Becca

J said...

Thank you for your prayers! Hope your family is doing well. We miss you all!