Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bed Bug Heaven!

Friday we were able to have our first treatment for bed bugs!  The technician said, "I wouldn't let your girls sleep there, it's bed bug heaven."  If your not familiar with bed bugs, they love cracks and crevices.  They can fit into gaps as thin as a credit card.  Thankfully, when he was here he didn't find any bed bugs and we don't have a big infestation.

Here is the girls bed that the bed bugs love!  As you can see all the cracks and crevices that make this bed a really enjoyable place to stay.  Almost like a 5 star hotel.  They really loved the screw holes that were never finished.  So not having chemicals to kill them at the time, I just covered over them with wood putty.  Now the girls have bed bug burial sites on their bed.






Stairs that lead to bed bug heaven.

I didn't want the girls in the house, while they sprayed so Lynda and Jessica were able to take the girls on an exploration to a sea aquarium.  Thank you both for the blessing of watching over the girls.  They really enjoyed it!  It was a blessing to have them out of the house so I could get things ready for treatment.

When they left I was overwhelmed with all that I still had to do.  Praying to God to help me, I decided that if I put praise music on it would help.  I couldn't sing along, which scared me because the last time that happened was when I wasn't following God.  After the technician left, God gave me the encouragement I needed.  Steven came home an hour later and I described the awful feeling of not being able to sing praise music.  He let me know that when we can't utter a word the Holy Spirit is there to uplift us.

Friday night we didn't receive any bites and it gave me a false sense of hope that they were gone.  Last night they attacked like never before.  Why does it seem like they get mad when they are disrupted if I clean or chemicals are applied.  Steven actually received three bites last night, which we haven't ever seen until now.  They bit him on his left leg.  Now if we can only get them to seek revenge on his left leg behind his knee maybe they would help him get rid of his blood clot.  Since they have a blood thinning agent that the inject to be able to drink our blood, it might help with his blood clot.  Well it was just a thought!

Please keep his blood clot in prayer!  His shots ran out a couple days ago and he doesn't want to get more.  Part of the reason, is he said he felt like a druggie.  He was taking both the shots and pills but the pills take awhile to get into the system.  Even with almost two weeks in shots, there is not any real improvement shown in his blood work.  He does still have the pills that he is taking.  Monday he has another appointment to check his blood.

This morning only Steven and Taliah were able to make it to church.  Mikaela hasn't been sick in a week, just got sick again.  Elyssa thought that she wasn't feeling well, so decided to stay home.  She is doing good, I think she just wanted to stay home.  Praying the rest of us don't get sick!  Thankfully, I was able to watch service online.  Not the same as being there, but an encouragement to still listen to the message in God's Word.  http://www.calvaryslc.org/Services/LiveServices.aspx

I need someone to help me on a couple wood projects.  Taliah's dresser is falling apart and it needs a little work.  Also I would like to finish the girls bed, by filling in holes and putting a shiny finish on it.  So it is less desirable for bed bugs to want to live on.  If you could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

God thank you for those in our lives who uplift and encourage us!  Help me to be able to serve others and shine your love.  I thank you for all the ways you share your love with us.  You are always there for us!  Thank you for sending Jesus who gave us the only way to be with you in heaven.  We don't have to climb a ladder, to make it to heaven by good works.

No comments: