Sunday, June 3, 2012

Praise God for Bed Bugs!

Can't believe we have vampires in the house.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't believe in vampires.  Used to read those kind of books B.C., until I learned better.  If your not familiar with bed bugs, they come out at night to suck your blood.  No matter if you have a messy or spotless home, they just want you!  Isn't it nice to feel needed.  Defiantly not!

This has been a really trying ordeal.  We have never had to deal with something so hard.  I would not wish these creatures on anyone.  They are hard to kill!  So why am I praising God?  Well the bed bugs aren't gone and still have a long process of getting rid of them.  Saturday while cleaning and singing praise music, I understood why I was thankful to God for bed bugs.  When we ask God to deepen our relationship to Him, he is faithful.

So this has been a life changing process.  I cried, whined and know at a place where I can praise God, for bed bugs.  No matter how much I hate them, and how they are making life miserable, I see God at work.  God has been changing my perspective on how I view stuff.  Stuff can overload our lives and take us away from Him.  Thankfully, I have been reading the Bible faithfully this whole year, both morning and night.  So I haven't neglected that part our relationship, but realizing that I can get so distracted with stuff that I can lose focus on Him.

Today at church Pastor Terry, taught on Psalm 23.  A wonderful Psalm, which God spoke to me today.  In verse one he is our shepherd that directs our life, but it also says "I have everything I need."  He will take care of our every need, I have been holding on to too much stuff.  I have realized that I have not been trusting God in that way, that I feel like I have to hold on to stuff to make sure I have everything I need.  Instead of just trusting in Jesus, to provide.  When the exterminator comes, you have to have your house almost looking like you are moving out.  I have been able to rid my life of stuff, through this process, but have lots more to get rid of.   Thank you to Pastor Terry for being faithful to teach God's Word and thank you God for being faithful!

Pray for Steven, he has a CT scan tomorrow.  We won't know anything about his scan until the following Monday.  Steven is having a really hard time seeing God's goodness through this bed bug trial.  Please keep him in prayer and that I would be able to get this place in order, soon.  Not in my strength, but His!

 






No comments: