I am so thankful to our church family, for not treating us like we have some disease. Back in Jesus day, what did they do to people who had bed bugs? Or was it so common that everyone just dealt with it. In Egypt, they have found fossils of bed bugs that had wings. If you had leprosy you couldn't even be around your family and had to live outside the city. Yes, I know that this is not a skin disease, but if feels like it. You have clothes on your skin which they like to hitch a ride on. Whether or not you have a clean or dirty home, they just need a host to suck your blood. We haven't found them on our clothing in drawers or the closet. Still we have taken the precaution of not having people in our home and heating up our clothes before we leave the house.
Today, I wanted to give Steven a hug before he left for work. He didn't want to hug me, because he had already took the precaution of heating up his clothes before he left for work and I was still in the clothes that I had slept in. I have never felt so rejected, even though I understood his concern.
We have felt broken and humbled by all the trials we are going through. In some ways we have felt like Satan has taken enjoyment in torturing us, but in other areas it feels like God is just polishing us. How is a believer to know the difference? In Luke 22:31-32 is says, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail." That is also what Job, went through with all the trials that God let Satan but him through.
In James 1:2-4 is reads, "Consider is all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
God is in control! Warren Wiersbe has said, "When God permits Satan to light the furnace, he always keeps his own hand on the thermostat!" God help us to keep focused on you through these trials. Help us to glorify you in all that we do!
We have the exterminators coming this afternoon to spray. Praying that the bed bugs will be killed and that we wouldn't be harmed by the chemicals.
2 comments:
Jennifer-
I have only talked to you via email in regards to co op. I live in Magna too (corner of 8000 W 3100 S). I have been reading your blog and went to field trip we had at Calvary. It is because of you that I decided to attend Calvary Chapel and I want to say THANK YOU!!! I absolutely LOVE it there. I have seen you many times at church but you were busy talking so I didn't want to interrupt :-) I have wanted to say you are such a wonderful inspiration and truly a godly woman. Please know that I pray for your family all of the time. If you ever need anything I am so close to you please know that I will drop everything and come help you. My email is suzeannem@gmail.com. May God continue to bless you and your family and heal Stephen.
Thank you for your encouragement! I look forward to meeting you.
Post a Comment