Wow, what a week! Steven hasn't been able to feel God's comfort, during this whole process. Since I have been feeling God's peace and comfort in such a powerful way, I have been encouraging Steven. It is has been so hard to see him and the girls having a hard time. The girls are affected and are really having a difficult time. I'm sure a lot of it is having their schedules interrupted, not spending as much time with us and now having us less tolerant of their behavior.
I have been able to spend time in the Word, day and night and Steven has been reading the Bible at night. Such a comfort and blessing! Today was a much better day. Here is the verses that convicted and encouraged me today, the greatest commandments. Mark 12:30, 31 "And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. The second is equally important: Love your neighbor as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these." Can I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength when I am so caught up in my own worries, pain and tribulation? No, it is only by helping and encouraging others, like loving our neighbors. When we love the others around us, it helps us to be less selfish.
Thank you for your prayers! Feeling God send His Spirit of comfort, which was able to uplift me so I could love on my husband and girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment