Well his tumor markers are shown to be normal. He started at 226, dropped to 190, went up to 775, dropped to 91 and is now at 7. The normal range is 0 - 15. Praise God, the chemo has been effective! He will probably not have to do surgery, but will have to do a CT scan after his next chemo treatment to make sure. He was so hoping that he wouldn't have to take anymore chemo treatments, which I can understand. We were able to get more understanding from the doctor on why he has to endure two more chemo treatments. His doctor is great and it was helpful to be able to answer questions that we had and has a lot of knowledge. Now comes fighting the micro metastatic disease! It is helpful to know the next battle, even though it is God that is fighting for us.
Being in love with someone, who is going through something trying and difficult can be hard. You want to take away their pain and suffering. If it was possible, I would take the chemo treatment for Steven. Wow, even though I knew that is why Christ took our suffering for us, by taking our sins upon Him. I am understanding it on a different level.
Thank you so much for your prayers! The girls are doing much better this week and Steven's attitude has been great. I am so blessed to have a deep, wonderful relationship to Steven! It is so amazing that when we draw closer to God, He makes our other relationships grow deeper as well. Being able to sit here and watch Steven sleep, I have been also able to see the deepness that is happening as God deepens his roots (spiritually speaking), so that he is firmly planted. Deepness doesn't just happen overnight, it is a decision that we make every moment of each day.
Please pray for our friend Debbie also going through this battle and her loving husband Tim and son David. Also, our friends Chris and Kristy, who's three year old son Jonas, is dealing with cancer. Also for Rosemarie, that I was able to talk with yesterday. Even though we would rather not be here, it has been a wonderful opportunity to encourage others! If you have inspirational books that you wouldn't mind giving up, there is a bookshelf sitting near the kitchen area of the cancer center. It would be encouraging to those patients, who need something to do.
Thank you God for your many blessings, walking with us in these trying
times! Praying that we will keep our eyes focused on you!



No comments:
Post a Comment