Saturday, April 14, 2012

God's Love

This week has been going a lot better, than last week.  I know that life can't always be the way we would like it, God uses the trials to draw us closer to Him!  God has comforted us, with his love.  Also we were able to see prayers answered and seen how God provides for those who step out in faith.  Thank you God, for your amazing love and unique touch in our lives!

We were able to have Mindy, watch the girls for us while we ran an errand and then was able to make it to Katie's funeral.  Katie was such a wonderful lady and will greatly be missed, but is now in heaven with no pain.  Thank you Mindy, for taking care of our three ladies! 

We celebrated Steven's birthday early and went out to our favorite restaurant.  This is the girls' favorite also, so they knew what they wanted to order.  Mikaela asked for a paper so she could write down her order, before we went to the restaurant.  She wanted to be able to hand the waiter, her order.  Such cuteness.  Thank you for the birthday cards that have been sent!

Steven's ears have been bothering him again.  So any noise is magnified, which causes him pain.  Having all women in the house, I'm sure can be trying for him.  The girls express themselves loudly, and are real emotional.  Even I noticed that when I got excited, I raised my voice.  I'm going to buy some earplugs for him!  His foot is still giving him a whole bunch of pain, but thankfully he is not hobbling around anymore.  Also, his arm were the IV was in all week is hurting him a lot, the vein has hardened due to the cistplatin drug they inject.

Steven responded this week, by not wanting to be a weak man.  In this world weakness is not such a good thing, but the Bible reminds us that God works best in our weakness.  "Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.  That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong."  2 Cor. 12:9-10

This morning as I read, these verses really stood out.  "You keep guiding me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.  Whom have I in heaven but you?  I desire you more than anything on earth.  My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.  But those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you.  But as for me, how good it is to be near God!  I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do."  Psalm 73:24-28 I added the emphasis.

Wow, isn't God amazing!  I told Steven that I was putting this Bible verse in the blog and read it to him.  He said that this week, Mikaela came up to him opened the Bible and asked him to read to her.  She had opened it to Psalm 73, so that is what he read to her.  I was out of the house at the time, but this week He used those verses to comfort both of us.

Pray for continued healing for Steven and guidance on when to call it quits or modify his chemo treatments.  I'm healing from my injury, but still need more healing.  Elyssa, is still having a hard time.  It was better for her this week, but still see her acting out, crying and throwing fits.  God give us wisdom in taking care of her.  I haven't been tolerant of her outbursts and have probably acted to harshly to her.  Pray that we will guide her the way God would have us!

It is so good that Steven has this week off of chemo and he can enjoy his birthday!  God, thank you for my husband!

No comments: