Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekend After Chemo Week

Friday at the cancer center was busy and Steven seemed to be in a good mood.  Steven was able to pray with Harry, who's last day of chemo treatment was that day and then he was starting hospice.  Steven asked if he knew the Lord, and he replied that he was LDS.  Then Steven asked if he had a personal relationship with Jesus, and unfortunately he said "Gotta go buddy."  Please keep Harry in your prayers!  Tim and Debbie (friends from Church) were also there.  It was nice to be able to talk with you both.  Please keep Debbie in your prayers and that the chemo reduces and takes away the tumors in her body!

Saturday - The girls and I left the house, so dad could get some much needed rest.  Unfortunately, it did not work the way we thought.  When I was driving out, the lawn mower crew showed up and cut everyone's lawns.  The neighbor kids were also out playing and being loud outside.  So he didn't get any rest.

Happy Resurrection Sunday!  We were able to make it to church.  Steven started not feeling well at church and someone helped get him some food and then a place to rest.  Thank you Pastor Terry, for the use of your office to let Steven sleep. 

We went over to a friends to eat this evening, and also for Steven to sleep since I thought our neighborhood would be loud again.  He tried to sleep and then after the meal was cooked he joined us to eat, he then went back to sleep.  After we were done picking up and taking things to the van.  I went in with the girls to get Steven, but asked him if he wanted to stay there.  Sadly, he said yes that he wanted stay there.

I got the girls in the car and went back up to say goodbye.  I hugged and kissed him goodbye and he told me that he didn't want the girls seeing him this way.  We were sad that he was staying there.  I'm still worried, since I'm not at his side.  Praying that we can both sleep tonight!  Driving home and listening to K-Love the song came on to encourage me.  I don't know the title of the song, but it talks about.  No more pain, no more tears, someday soon we will see Jesus face to face.  I know it is not his time to see Jesus, but it was encouraging to be reminded that the pain and suffering he is going though now, is only temporary! 

No comments: