Wednesday was an adjustment for Steven and the girls. It seems like it was harder on Taliah than the other two. Steven had to adjust to not having the convenience of a hospital bed, which made it easier to get out of bed. I thought I'd have to help him, but he has been able to do it all on his own. The pain is still there, but last night it seems like it is lessening. He was able to take off the bandage on his upper chest today, for the surgery that took place to remove the filter.
Last night was the first time Elyssa and Mikaela have been in their beds for more than a week after I sprayed the bed other areas of their room. Last night they got bed bug bites. I'm finally ready to throw their bed away, but afraid of taking it out of the house. I don't want to transfer the bugs into other parts of the house. We have two more treatments for the bed bugs, which I'm praying will get rid of them.
Steven received a call today from the physicians assistant from his surgeon. They called to let us know that the 38 lymph nodes and teratoma tumor that they removed were all non-cancerous! Praise God! That is some of the best news we have heard in awhile. I'm glad Steven decided to have the surgery done.
Thank you so much to all who have provided meals for us this week! It is a blessing to receive and eat delicious food. I'll know when Steven starts feeling better, because he will be in the kitchen cooking.
Next appointments we have are on Monday, August 20th. One with his surgeon to do a follow-up after surgery and the other with the cancer center to make sure his blood is at therapeutic level.
God please provide relief from the bed bugs, and stop them from spreading. I don't even want to give the girls naps, because they are only going to bite them and continue to grow bigger. It is hard enough to have the girls sleep in their room at night. If we move them to another room to sleep, we take the chance of spreading them.
No comments:
Post a Comment