Pray for protection over our hospital room. Pray that Steven would be careful when he gets up for his walks and pray that I would be careful as well.
Something weird is happening in our room. Don't know if it is paranoia or what. It is almost 3 a.m. and I haven't been able to sleep for awhile. He has noticed itching and finally told the nurses about it. They told him it was because of his pain medication. I commented that I'm also itchy to Steven and he thinks it is because of whatever they use to wash the blankets and sheets is making us feel itchy. It is more like the feeling of bugs crawling on me and itching like I did when bed bugs were in our bedroom. I haven't noticed any bed bug bites, but I haven't felt like this in a couple months, since the bed bugs are no longer in our bedroom.
Tonight I got a lot better rest, because of my new improved bed, hide a bed with air mattress. Unfortunately I injured myself putting it together. I was pulling out the the pieces of the hide a bed when my foot got caught underneath and I tripped and fell against two tables in the room. Hitting my back, leg and breaking my little toe. Steven wanted to call for the nurses to help me up, but to me it was embarrassing so I asked him not to. What is happening with these stupid injuries that happen around the time, I need to focus on taking care of Steven. Thankfully, this injury isn't like my tail bone injury with pain that lasted for several months during his chemo. We have been sharing his ice pack.
God, help us to be careful. If these are bed bugs that are in this room, help us not to spread them. Jesus please take away the constant itching and feeling like bugs are walking on me. Almost near tears with frustration, if these are bed bugs.
It is hard to be around so much sickness at the cancer center and now here at the hospital. Wondering what Jesus felt like with all the sick people who crowded around him for healing. Praying to God for those who need healing. Lord, help me to be an encourager!
No comments:
Post a Comment