Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hospital Day Five

Well I headed off to church before his first walk.  The girls were able to go to church with Shelley, Brad and their three daughters.  So they have had a big family with six girls!

Going to church is always a blessing, but I was super encouraged today.  I was able to make it into the Children's ministry prayer group after service to update them on Steven and lift him and others up in prayer.  I then left, so I can spend time with Steven.  Thank you Jeff for escorting me to the vehicle.

I made it back to the hospital and was heading down the hall when I ran into Steven in the hall taking a walk.  We did two laps around the path and came back to the room and found this.

Jello and Juices!

Praise God!!  After five days with no food and three of those five days with no water or ice.  This is a wonderful step.  We are praying that his body is able to process these liquids so he can upgrade to the next step of soft foods.

After lunch we were blessed with lots of visitors.  First Vernon, Steven's co-worker and then Sandy came a little later.  Next came Rosie with a wonderful meal for me!!  Then our neighbors Gary and Lisa showed up to visit and brought some much needed humor.  We did a walk with both Vernon and Sandy and later with Gary and Lisa.  Hope you enjoyed your tour!  It was a joy to see all of you!

We took a break from walking and Steven got his first shower.  Some of the simple activities in life seem to have more joy, when you see progress and healing.  We got out of the bathroom, to find Tim, Debbie and little David.  We visited and then also took them on a walk and Steven took us to the healing garden, which he found on some of his adventures while I was away.  Wow, what a peaceful place!  It is wonderful to see him going from needing a lot of assistance, to being independent and exploring a hospital!

We are hoping to be out of here either Monday or Tuesday!  God we will wait for your special timing!  Keep the girls lifted in prayer as they have been separated from us since Tuesday evening.  Also pray for Shelley and Brad and their daughters as the take care of our precious daughters.  Pray for Steven's body to process the liquids, so he can reach the next step of soft foods.  They want him on regular food and knowing that his body can handle it before he is released.  This hospital seems like a ghost town, with most of the people leaving today.  It is nice to see improvement in others as well.

No comments: