| Steven's first visitor presurgery. |
Since they found out that the surgery to insert a filter prior to his big surgery hadn't taken place, he was wheel chaired over to another hospital for that surgery. The small surgery took place at around 2:30 on his upper right chest to insert the filter. Since he needed to lie flat they transported all of us in the ambulance back to the hospital for the original surgery around 4:00 p.m. We all got our first ambulance ride, thankfully just a transport. They took him back for surgery around 4:30. Sophie had so much fun at the hospital, but we left so I could take Sophie back to her parents. Then I ran to get the girls so they could visit their uncle, aunt and cousin before they left.
| Ambulance Ride |
I ran them back to Don and Karen, who have been so wonderful to take the girls for two nights and a couple days. What a huge blessing to know that they are in good hands and being loved. The girls seem like they are doing well and Taliah's lip looks better. I ran back to our house so I could visit more with my brother and his wife and also finish packing for the hospital. Steven's doctor called me around 8:30 p.m. to let me know that the surgery went well that that he was on his way to recovery. At 10:00, I receive a call to let me know that he was being taken up to his room. I said finished loading the car and saying goodbyes. I arrived about 11:00 and he was in and out of consciousness.
It was so hard for both of us to sleep, with people in and out of our room every half hour. Around 1:40 a.m. he was awake, alert and wanting me to read from Phillipians chapter 2. He was in a great deal of pain, but they wouldn't adjust his pain meds or give him any liquids or ice. So I tearfully laid back down and prayed. Thankfully, God helped ease his pain. Around 9 a.m, he wanted to get up and walk, praise God! He hasn't had anything to eat for three days now and no liquids or ice for two. Praying he will get some soon!
| Steven in his jungle of tubes. The small white patch on his chest is where the first surgery took place. |
He got up to walk two more times, even though he has six tubes running different places and sore. He is such a good patient. I get upset with the way they have treated him and he is loving and follows their orders. I have a lot to learn from his peace keeping abilities. I remember on Monday's appointment, walking out upset. He had to do a blood draw and they made a mistake and wanted him to do it over, even though it wasn't necessary. He was going to let them do it, when the person who talked him into doing it again just left the room for another patient. We had to make it to our other appointment, so we left before she could draw his blood again. They only wanted to repoke him so it was done a certain way, even though they could still use the blood they already had to do tests.
The girls got to visit him today. Poor Mikaela couldn't reach his head to kiss him and his arm has lots of tubing from his IV, so she ended kissing his palm. Steven got to visit them for a little while, but was really tired. Taliah did good and sat on the edge of his bed, near the side rail and just hung out. Thankfully she didn't try to climb up closer to him. She is not going to like it when she finds out that he can't hold her for several weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment