Friday, August 10, 2012

Hospital Day Three

We received more sleep than the other night, but still struggled in sleeping.  They tried to let us sleep in, but the morning started to get busy with people in and out every half an hour.  So it was hard to get more rest.

Our first visitors arrived yesterday!  Thank you Kim and Ryan for taking the time to come and visit, lifting us up in prayer and encouragement.  Around 1 p.m. today, it was nice to see our neighbors Arthur and Margaret.  They were able to take a walk around with us for our second walk for this day.  An hour later we received a visit from our brother Jeff, which is always a wonderful visit.  Thank you for praying for us and encouraging us.  Next visit came from Steven's coworker Jason.  Thank you Jason for the things you brought us to make our stay more comfortable.

Our daughters are enjoying staying with Brad, Shelley and their girls.  It is hard to be away from them when we are a really close family, who is almost always together.  Thank you guys for opening your home and taking care of the girls so I know that they are safe.  Thank you for all they joy they are having staying with you so it isn't as hard on them.  Even though they might never want to leave.  :-)  What a huge blessing, to be able to administer to my husband.

The view from our room.  The buildings in the distance are downtown Salt Lake.  Also our home town is way on the other side of the valley closer to the mountain range.

Three different tubes were removed today and he now gets ice and water!!!  He has two tubes left.  Today, so far we have been on four walks and trying to get another one or two in before the day ends.  I am so proud of Steven, being able to walk around working through his pain!

Please don't be offended if you don't receive a call from us.  It is so nice to be loved and we have lots of family and friends, but it can be overwhelming to keep everyone in the loop.  I thankfully have a cellular phone, which a good friend Carmen gave me since I'm not home.  It has came in really handy.  Thank you so much Carmen!  This is the best way to get a hold of us.  I'm hoping that we are able to keep you updated through this blog!  If you have questions, please email them to me.

Thank you so much for lifting us up in prayer!  I know I say it a lot, but I truly mean it.  A supernatural peace has covered us through this hospital stay.  Thank you God for loving us and taking care of us!!

No comments: